Identify the significant role for the coconut to treat your baby’s diaper rash and learn how to use it.
Using coconut oils for rash are great which is extracted from the mature meat of the coconut. It is totally a natural, beautiful smelling moisturizer which can soothe and nourish your skin with no irritation.
You know that diaper rash is an uncomfortable rash that may be caused by yeast infection, acid in the stool, ammonia from urine or diaper material. It is important to keep the diaper area dry and clean. The coconut oil role is to act as a barrier and prevent the lupus rash.
How dose Coconut Oil treat the Diaper Rash?
Coconut oil has many properties that makes it an excellent treatment for various conditions, including diaper rash. These properties are:
- Coconut oil contains antimicrobial, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and antifungal properties which can help to promote healing.
- It has lauric acid which treats bacterial and fungal problems very effectively.
- Lauric and Caprylic acids in this oil act as natural yeast fighting substances.
Using Coconut Oil for baby Diaper Rash:
There are two ways to use Coconut Oil for baby Diaper Rash :
The First Way:
- Wash your baby’s bottom with water and let it dry.
- Apply the coconut oil on the affected and face area.
- Allow it to dry before putting on a new diaper.
- Coconut oil will act as barrier between the skin and waste in the diaper.
The Second Way:
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- a tablespoon of chamomile flowers
- a tablespoon of calendula flowers
- 1/4 cup of Shea butter
- a teaspoon of arrowroot or zinc oxide powder.
- Melt coconut oil in a glass bowl above boiling water.
- Add calendula and chamomile flowers and keep the heat on low/medium until the coconut oil in it turns to yellow.
- Strain the flowers out using a fine metal strainer.
- Add Shea butter and arrowroot or zinc oxide to the coconut oil.
- Create a velvety cream by using a food processor.
- Store this in a small glass jar and use it as needed.
Using Coconut Oil to Treat Yeast Diaper Rash:
Yeast diaper rash is more painful which caused by a fungus called Candida allbicians.
The first way: Coconut Oil with Tea Tree Oil
- Add drops of tea tree oil to melted coconut oil and mix them well.
- After cleaning and drying your baby’s bottom, apply this to the area.
- Leave to dry before applying a new diaper.
The second way: Coconut Oil with Grapefruit Seed Extract
Grape fruit contains anti-fungal properties which help to treat yeast diaper rash.
- Fill a jelly jar with coconut oil and add 5-10 drops of grapefruit seed extract.
- Mix it well and apply this on the diaper area after every diaper change.
- You can also add few drops of tea tree oil if your baby is over 6 months.
Important Tips to Follow
- Always use more virgin organic coconut oil.
- If you’re breastfeeding, have coconut oil in your diet for extra results.
- Let your baby’s diaper free for a while to get better air flow.
Have you tried coconut oil in treating your baby’s diaper rash? feel free to share your experience with us.