This article provides you the best ways to get rid of zits fast and naturally. Read on to learn how to deal with those annoying zits.
You may wake up one day and look at yourself in the mirror, only to see red, hot and inflamed breakouts that weren’t there when you went to sleep at night. You will either choose to do anything and live with it, or take the matter in your own hands and make an effort to keep your acne away. Actually, you need to minimize pimples as quickly as possible, so read on this article and try these steps.
How to Treat the Pimples? and Get Rid of Zits
Try some benzoyl peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide can kill the bacteria that contribute to pimples. Benzoyl peroxide comes in different concentrations; however, benzoyl peroxide with a 2.5% concentration is just as effective as 5-10% formulations, and it’s less irritating to the skin. Benzoyl peroxide can peel away layers of dead skin leaving brighter, rejuvenated skin in its place.
Use sea salt
Try to mix a teaspoon of sea salt with two tablespoons of warm water. Use a Q-tip to apply the salt water to the pimple directly. Do not rinse off. The sea salt will kill bacteria and dry out the pimple.
Use salicylic acid
Salicylic acid, like benzoyl peroxide, kills bacteria that responsible for pimple growth. It causes skin cells to shed more rapidly, promoting the growth of new skin. Just put small amounts of salicylic acid onto affected areas after washing your face.
Basically, toothpaste can dry out your pimple reducing it in size. This is because toothpaste contains silica which is the drying agent you find in bags of beef jerky. Be sure to use natural toothpaste when you dab it onto your skin. Some toothpastes which contain sodium lauryl sulfate can irritate the skin. Watch out for it before applying. Leave on all night.
Use tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is an anti-bacterial oil that can blast the microbes that have started to make a home inside of your pores. With a dropper, dab a Q-Tip with a bit of tea tree oil and apply to your pimples as needed. Be careful not to put on too much. Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can make the redness and size of the pimple less noticeable.
Crush an aspirin
Crush an aspirin tablet and add enough water to make it into a paste. With a Q-Tip, coat the pimple lightly with the aspirin paste. Cover the pimples and let dry. Aspirin is another anti-inflammatory, meaning it can help your skin fight against inflammation making the pimple less noticeable. Let the aspirin paste fight the pimple overnight.
Use astringents on the affected areas
Astringents are agents that cause the skin to contract or get smaller. Some pharmaceutical astringents contain antimicrobial ingredients that will help fight the pimple and reducing the size of the pimple. Below are some astringents to use:
- Store bought astringents: They come in different types and sizes. Look for the type that contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
- Natural astringents can also work in a pinch. They include:
- Lemon juice: It contains citric acid that kills the bacteria causing acne and act as a skin-tightener. Use a toner afterwards to balance the PH of your skin. Lemon is very acidic and will mess up your skin’s PH which is why a toner is necessary.
- Banana peel: Banana peels are useful in treating insect and may be helpful in reducing the size of pimples. Just gently rub the banana peel over the affected area.
- Witch hazel: Look for witch hazel that doesn’t contain alcohol and apply a small bit over affected area and let dry.
- Green tea: Green tea is an astringent which is packed with lots of antioxidants. It can reduce signs of aging by fighting free radicals. Steep a tea bag in some hot water, remove the tea bag along with all the liquid, and place onto affected area briefly.
- Use egg oil: Egg oil is too effective in removing zits and preventing scars. Gently massage egg oil with you finger tips on the affected area twice a day. You should wash your hands with soap or use a sanitizer before using egg oil. Wash it off after an hour with a mild facewash.
How to Reduce the Redness?
Put ice on the affected area
Putting ice will bring down the swelling because it slows down blood flow to the area. You can either apply ice directly to the pimple or cover it in a thin layer of gauze or towel.
Use eye-drops on the affected area
Eye drops, the ones that reduce redness in the eyes, are very helpful in reducing redness and signs of irritation in acne. Drop a few eye-drops onto a Q-Tip and apply as necessary onto the pimples. Cold also helps reduce inflammation in acne, so place the Q-Tip soaked in eye-drops into the freezer for an hour before applying. The cold Q-Tip will soothe as it reduces inflammation.
Try some natural antihistamines
Antihistamines can suppress the swelling effect in the skin tissue of people. Most of these remedies can be ingested in pill form; however, some can be consumed as tea or used as a topical agent. These remedies should reduce the redness. Natural herbal antihistamines including:
- Stinging nettle: It may sound weird, because touching nettles in the wild will produce a rash not unlike small pimples. However, some doctors recommend taking a freeze-dried preparation of stinging nettle, which is well-known for its ability to reduce the amount of histamine the body produces.
- Coltsfoot may be effective as a natural antihistamine. Europeans have a long history of using the plant to cure skin conditions. The leaves can be ground up into a paste or coltsfoot extract can be ingested in pill form.
- Basil can work as a natural antihistamine. Heat a couple sprigs of basil leaves up under some steam and apply to the hives. Basil will help reassure your body that the foreign agent causing the hives is not something it should be fighting.
Health Care Tips to Get Rid of Zits
Wash your face twice a day
Try to wash your face twice a day. Be gentle when handling with your face and don’t use a dirty towel or anything dirty when washing your face. Acne is caused by bacteria, which are found on dirty towels.
- Once every week, use a facial scrub to help exfoliate. Exfoliate means wiping off the top, dead layer of skin, called the epidermis. Doing this once a week will be healthy.
- Moisturize after every wash. Your skin is an organ in your body. Like your kidney, it needs moisture to be healthy. Give it the moisture it needs after each wash.
Don’t touch your face
Consciously or unconsciously, try not to touch your face. Your hands are dirty things, vectors for bacteria. The less your hands meet your face, the happier your face will feel and look.
Alcohol will worsen the effects of acne. Drinking alcohol will worsen acne. Alcohol dehydrates your body leaving it deprived of essential water. Alcohol contains lots of sugars, which may be connected to acne growth. However, if you want to play it safe, consume less alcohol and see how your body reacts. Instead, just drink lots of water.
Exercise is a great way to get rid of acne. When you exercise, you relieve stress. It is thought that Stress contribute to acne, although doctors are still not sure how.
- Through exercise, find a healthy way to relieve stress and anxiety. Go to the gym, Join a sports team, or push yourself through a daily exercise regimen. All of these ideas will help your skin look clearer.
- Shower immediately after you’ve done your exercise. When you exercise, you sweat. Grime, salt, and dead skin cells all accumulate after vigorous exercise.
- Don’t pick at your pimples
Don’t pop them, prod them, pick at them, itch them, scratch them, or otherwise touch them if you’re not applying a medicine or remedy. If you do, you will only make the redness and inflammation worse. It’s very easy to say but hard to do. If you don’t pick at them, it will minimize scarring and ultimately get rid of the pimple a lot faster.