Heat Rash under Breast Symptoms and Home remedies
A look at heat rash under breast, the causes as well as how to get rid of it.
What is Heat Rash under Breast?
Many women develop rash under breast or Intertrigo in the summer or warm months. For women, skin rashes are very common in women who have naturally voluptuous breasts or during pregnancy. During the pregnancy, the breasts tend to swell up as a result of the extra weight.
Heat rashes on the chest and under the breast area can also arise from the hormonal changes that leads to excessive perspiration, and the folds of skin may develop skin-on-skin friction causing skin rashes.
What are the Symptoms of Heat Rash under Breast (Breast Rash)?
Prickly heat rash under the breasts can be recognized by the indicated symptoms:
- Red pimples or pustules in the folds of the skin under the breasts
Which are usually itchy and painful.
- Reporting a foul smell emanating from the rash.
- having soreness and bleeding in the viral rash.
- Having secondary or bacterial skin infections.
- In some cases, rashes under the breast become much painful that many patients consider breast reduction surgeries.
Home remedies to treat heat rash under breast
Generally, heat rash under the breasts is not very serious, but it may cause a great deal of irritation and pain to the sufferer. The following are some of the effective and tested home remedies that used for treating and preventing heat rashes under the breasts:
- As much as possible, try to stay cool. You should avoid stepping out in the sun especially in the peak hours of heat.
- Use Aloe Vera gel, or soothing prickly heat powders to treat heat rash under breast. Aloe Vera gel is extracted from the plant’s leaves and applied on the rash which can prevent pain, itchiness and redness.
- You can use baking soda that is mixed with some water and then apply it directly to your skin to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Some cases of heat rashes under the breasts develop into the bacterial infection . You can note this with pus formation. Make sure to treat it immediately by using oral or topical antibiotics as prescribed by a doctor.
- In summer, take a bath with cool water as far as possible. You can also soak in a tub of warm water and add some colloidal Oatmeal. This can cool and soothe the skin. Most women have also experienced relief from blowing cool air from a hair drier on the rash.
- Keep your skin very dry after bathing. Don’t use harsh cosmetics, soaps or even body washes because they tend to aggravate much the rash.
- Don’t wear ill-fitting bras because bras that are too tight cause sweat rash.
If heat rash under breast develops an infection, it is important to seek medication. The bumps under breast may burst and become painful. Your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic or antifungal medication.
How to Get Rid of Heat Rash under Breast?
You can try simple natural remedies to get relief from this problem. But consult your doctor, if you have signs of infection.
- Cold Compress
A cold compress can relieve the symptoms like itching and burning sensation.
- You can Wrap some ice in a thin cotton piece of towel and apply it on the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- You can also use equal parts a skim-milk and the cold-water compress to relieve itching and reduce swelling.
- Try bathing using cold water. It will assist to close the skin pores, therefore reducing sweating and the appearance of the rash.
- Using Cotton
The best way to deal with a rash under breast is reducing the accumulation of sweat around the breast area.
- You should place a thin piece of cotton between the lower part of your breasts and the skin to create a barrier.
- Wear lightweight clothing that made of cotton or natural fibers to help absorb moisture and keep your body sweat free.
The chemical residue that is present on the clothes can cause a heat breast rash and lupus rash. Vinegar may solve this problem.
- Mix one-half cup of white vinegar in half a bucket of hot water and use it to wash all your bras and dry them in direct sunlight.
- Use apple cider vinegar on the irritated skin. Wash the infected area with mild soapy water, rinse with cold water and then pat dry.
It is very effective for alleviating the itching and burning sensations which associated with a rash under breast. It keeps your skin dry.
- Clean the affected face skin with soap and water, and pat dry using a clean towel.
- When the area is fully dry, lightly dust cornstarch over it.
- Do this twice a day until you get rid of the problem completely.
- Coconut Oil
It has a soothing and the healing effect on skin . It provides relief from the rashes. Also, due to its greasy nature, it assists to reduce friction which may lead to rash under breast and avoid infections.
Use some extra-virgin coconut oil on the affected area and allow it to absorb into the skin. Repeat this two or three times a day until the rash is gone.
- Calamine Lotion
It provides soothing relief from itching and speed up the healing process. It also keep your skin dry and reduce the chance of infection.
- Clean the affected skin using a mild soap. Pat dry the area with a towel.
- Use a cotton ball apply the calamine lotion.
- Repeat the process several times a day.
- Tea Tree Oil
Since tea tree oil contains antifungal properties and hence, it can be used topically to treat a heat rash under breast. It is able to prevent the growth of fungus and infection.
- Mix six drops of pure tea tree oil in four tablespoons of olive oil.
- put a cotton ball in the oil and apply it on the rash.
- Massage the area gently to let the oil penetrates deeply into the skin.
- Do this ri after taking a shower and again before going to bed.