Figure out to recognize the source of rash between fingers and learn how to deal with.
Rash between Fingers : Rashes can be easily spotted due to the change in the color, texture or the appearance of the affected area. Basically, a rash is a sign of inflammation. Rash develops in your skin due to your skin’s reaction to a harmful stimulus. In this article, we will find out the possible circumstances that may develop a rash between fingers.
Causes of Rash between Fingers
Your skin may get inflamed due to various reasons. Most of time, your skin is exposed to the environmental irritants. Following below are some of the common causes of the rash between the fingers.
– Allergic Contact Dermatitis
‘dermatitis’ term means the inflammation of the skin. The term ‘allergic contact dermatitis’ refers to the inflammation that results from contact with a substance you are allergic to. So, As your immune response, the rash occurs. After your skin comes into contact with the allergenic substance, your immune system will get activated and stimulate the production of mast cells. These mast cells stimulate histamines, which are the secretion of chemicals. The release of those histamines gives rise to development of allergic skin rashes.
Since many people are allergic to metals like gold, silver or nickel, they can develop rash between fingers if they wear rings made from such metals. Moreover, the plants such as poison ivy, may cause an allergic reaction developing a rash between fingers.
– Irritant Contact Dermatitis
It is another form of dermatitis that caused when your skin contact with certain substances causes a skin reaction. Some people are allergic to chemicals that used cosmetic products. Also, some products such as soaps or detergents irritant your sky and may cause a rash between fingers. So, your skin might turn red and can also itch. The symptoms varies in severity due to the duration of time for which your skin has been in contact with the irritant. Those who work in industries who are in contact with solvents, dye, latex or certain chemicals on a regular basis, are more likely to develop rash between fingers and even rash on hands.
– Pathogenic Infections
Rash between fingers could also be caused due to infections like scabies or ringworm. Scabies is a skin condition which is caused by a species of mite called Sarcoptes scabiei. The microscopic mites digest the fluids and tissue as they burrow into the skin. These mites dig into your skin folds that are warm and moist, so, itchy rashes may develop around the webs of skin between the fingers.
There is a fungal infection called ringworm that could even be responsible for causing a rash around fingers. Also, Rash between the fingers webs could also be attributed to a condition called ‘erosio interdigitalis blastomycetica’. It is caused by fungi of the genus Candida. The frequent wetting of hands may make one susceptible to this condition. People who wear rings at all times, may get also rash between fingers. Moisture under the rings can soften the skin, and encourage the growth of such pathogens. Moreover, Rashes can also be caused due to a secondary bacterial infections. Bacteria is able to enter your skin through cuts or wounds leading to the development of a rash.
Treatment of Rash between Fingers
– You should make it a point to avoid using any cosmetic product that may cause an allergic reaction. Chemicals that are used in soaps, shower gels, shampoos, creams, perfumes or other cosmetic products can also cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, the best way to prevent rashes on face is to avoid using such products.
– Try to wear gloves during household activities to prevent wetting of hands because frequent wetting of hands may make you develop such rashes. However, make sure that gloves are not made from any material that you may be allergic to.
– If you experience itching or notice redness on your skin under a ring, it’s possible that the moisture retained under the ring, can be encouraging the development of rash between fingers. So, you should not wear metallic jewelry and check if it makes a difference.
– Avoidance of allergens will help in prevention of allergic contact dermatitis and irritant contact dermatitis. However, if you ever develop a rash, you should use topical application of medicated anti-itch lotions or steroid creams to help in alleviating the symptoms. In case of a ringworm, apply antifungal creams.
– Since dry skin can make you susceptible to such conditions, you must keep the skin moisturized. Therefore, consult the dermatologist about the skin care products that will not only keep your skin moisturized, but will also lower the risk of such skin infections in future.
Besides the mentioned skin conditions, there are many various skin problems can cause rash between fingers such as eczema, pityriasis rosea, psoriasis and intertrigo. So, if you notice changes in the texture or the appearance of your skin along with symptoms such as itching, redness and swelling, contact a dermatologist immediately.