Rash on Forehead! How to deal with?
The Rash on forehead is highly exposed to the sun, the main source of skin problems on this area. Let’s agree that the forehead rash is the most annoying type of rashes since you can’t hide it by any means. Therefore, we’ll help you recognize the causes of this annoying type of rash and provide treatment for it.
What is a Rash on forehead?
A rash is an inflammatory skin’s reaction to any exposure to an allergen. The Forehead area is common site for any type of skin rashes. It appears in a companion of other symptoms including one or more of these symptoms: itching, burning, open sore, dry skin, swelling, irritation, or redness.
Forehead rash is common to infants. Adults also could be exposed to this kind of rash. Since forehead rashes appear because of exposure to allergens, they are symptoms of certain diseases. This article will answer all the questions that your mind thinks of about the forehead rash.
Causes of Forehead Rash
You might wonder ” what is causing such rash on my forehead?”. Well, sometimes a rash on forehead may appear along with a rash elsewhere on another area of the body. In other cases, forehead rash can be a symptom of other problem in the body.
Forehead Rashes are often caused by infectious diseases; it can include:
– Bacterial infections, such as streptococcal or staphylococcal bacteria which causes the infection.
– Folliculitis, which is infection of a hair follicle.
Forehead Rash also could be caused by reactions to allergens; those allergies often cause a rash on forehead that appears and fade away.
Following are the most common causes of a forehead rash that caused by reaction to an allergen:
– Allergic reaction to a medication.
– Allergic to food.
– Atopic dermatitis, which is inflammation of the skin.
– Allergic form of contact dermatitis.
– Allergic reaction to certain products used on scalp ( Run-off pattern)
Autoimmune also may cause a forehead rash, which can be painful and itchy.
Following are the common autoimmune may cause rash on forehead:
Baby acne, which is caused by maternal hormones.
– Rosacea, a chronic inflammatory skin disorder.
– Forehead rash lupus, disorder that attacks healthy cells.
– Dandruff, which may affect the forehead, the face rash, the neck, and the scalp.
Rash on Forehead can be caused by other causes. There is a number of factors or condition may cause Rash on forehead include:
– Forehead rash by stress.
– Forehead heat rash
– Erythema toxicum, which is a condition that typically newborn babies have.
– Milia, small white bumps that are caused by dead skin cells.
– Methamphetamine abuse.
– Forehead rash after sweating.
Rash on Forehead can also be a result from life-threatening illness such as:
Meningitis, an infection that surrounds the brain.
– Toxic epidermal necrolysis,
– Anaphylaxis, which is reaction to an allergen
– Allergic purpura, an autoimmune bleeding disorder.
– Erythema multiforme, a dangerous type of allergic reaction.
Keep in mind that is no matter what is the cause of your forehead rash, it must be evaluated by a dermatologist to rule out any serious health problems.
Symptoms of Rash on Forehead
When rash on forehead develops, several signs appear including:
– Burning sensation
– Weeping or bleeding from the broken skin.
– Blistering on forehead
– flaking skin
– Puffiness on forehead
There are other symptoms that may occur along with the rash on forehead:
Symptoms which are similar to the fever, headache, cough, or flu.
– Never pain
– burning in the lower legs and feet
– upset stomach
– Feeling of stress
– Pain in the joints
How can you diagnosis?
To diagnose any type of rash, you need to be careful in evaluation of its characteristics or symptoms. You also need to provide a photo detailing about the beginning of the rash. In order to determine the cause of viral rash easily, you need to remember the food that you have recently eaten, medications that you’ve taken, or personal products that you have used.
Is There any Potential Complications Could arise with Rash on forehead?
Actually, the answer is yes. Potential Complications could arise if you don’t start medical treatment, which can be:
– Stress and depression
– A permanent discoloration of the skin
– Unsightly scarring
– Worsening of the rash
– infection that can affect the rest of the skin
– Permanent texture of the skin
Forehead rash could cause a decline in your health and a serious hazard of your well-being.
Treatment of Rash of Forehead
Your treatment depends basically on the cause of your forehead rash. For example, you can’t treat the spreading forehead rash the same as you treat forehead rash that is caused with diseases.
There are many natural remedies to treat less serious forehead rashes such as forehead acne. Following are some natural remedies include:
– Olive oil, baking soda.
– A combination of Vitamin E and cod liver oil.
– Ice packs
– A mixture of calcium gluconate and water
Tips of skin care
You can treat the rash on forehead by change skin care treatment to prevent the rash develops in the future:
– Keep your skin moist, and avoid the exposure to sun or hot water.
– Change your diet because unhealthy food may cause such rash.
– If you have allergic reaction, you can use topical creams.
Finally, don’t forget that it is common to be exposed of rash of forehead. But if you feel that you are dealing with something serious, you need to talk to dermatologist.