There are many natural remedies which can give you relief from the dermatitis symptoms. You can be in a position to control seborrheic dermatitis with lifestyle changes and home natural remedies. To get the seborrheic dermatitis natural treatment, you may need to try a combination of these treatment before the condition improves depending on your skin type. Following are the best seborrheic dermatitis natural treatment methods.
The amazing antimicrobial and moisturizing properties that found in coconut oil help in reducing redness, scaling and dryness of your skin due to seborrheic dermatitis infection. You need to apply coconut oil 2-3 times on the affected area and best results occur when one is wearing a snow cap. Use the oil and gently massage the oil into your skin to stimulate the pores.
An oatmeal bath may be an ideal skin irritation treatment that helps your skin to remain moisturized.
- Mix a cup of finely powdered oatmeal in lukewarm bath water.
- Soak in the bath water for 15-20 minutes
- Bath the affected area with this water and do this daily for a couple of days.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar is very known of providing skin care treatment due to its malic acid. The strong acidity that found in apple cider vinegar destroys the fungus that cause seborrheic dermatitis and restores your body back to its natural acidic environment. In most cases, vinegar is mixed with water in a 50/50 ratio and applied to your skin. Then, the solution is left on the skin to absorb.
Aloe Vera is used in the treatment of skin conditions like dermatitis. It helps in restoring the PH balance of your skin, relieving itching sensations and skin irritations.
- Apply a fresh aloe Vera gel on the affected area many times a day for a month.
- You can drink a few ounces of the aloe vera juice
Chamomile flowers have therapeutic properties which have a soothing effect on your affected skin.
- Steep 2-3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers in a cup for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the solution down
- Dip a piece of clean soft cloth in it and apply to the affected area for 10-15 minutes
- Repeat for days
Honey has great anti-inflammatory properties that are used in the treatment of skin infections.
- Mix equal parts of raw honey, beeswax and olive oil.
- Heat the mixture to make an ointment
- When it cools, apply to the affected area and leave the ointment to work on the area for an hour
Tea Tree Oil
This is a very reliable remedy for skin infections due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Buy a premade shampoo or make your concoction. When making your concoction, you only need 4-5 drops of tea tree oil because much of it can irritate the skin due to its strong anti-fungal properties.
Neem leaves are used in the treatment of dermatitis and help in restoring the skin health and protecting it from a couple of infections. A few portions of neem leaves are boiled in a bathing water and applied to the affected area.
Baking soda is very known of successfully fighting fungus. It is a very effective method due to its lack of smell and quick results.
- Mix half a teaspoon of luring baking soda with a cup of water.
- Apply the solution to the affected skin for 5-10 min
- rinse with cool water.
Seborrheic Dermatitis on scalp Prevention Tips
- Hot oil treatment : Apply oil to your scalp and cover your hair with processing cap, and then allow it to sit for about 10-15 minutes under a warm towel or a hooded dryer. Doing this will loosen the flakes from your scalp.
- Cleansing: Washing with anti-fungal shampoo will not be very sufficient to remove flakes, tropical oils or sebum. You need to Cleanse and focus on the scalp and do not overly remove the cleanser down the length of the hair.
- Do not oil or grease your scalp: Seborrheic dermatitis can be as a result of your scalp overproducing sebum. In case this is the issue, deprive the scalp of additional oils that irritate the inflammation.
- Create a cleansing regime : We advise Ladies with straight hair to use anti-fungal shampoo daily but this is not very ideal for those with curly hair.
The first step towards applying natural treatment for seborrheic dermatitis is changing your diet by reducing or eliminating the intake of processed sugars and saturated fats and increasing the intake of vitamin E, and fiber-rich foods. Green vegetables such as collard, kales, spinach and broccoli should be increased.